Mount Barker Waldorf School is looking for experienced Waldorf Teachers who are prepared to commit to the challenging and rewarding task of nurturing a class through the Primary years. The successful applicants will be collaborative, artistic, flexible, interested in new ideas, and able to take initiative. They will have a passion for education and have an understanding of Steiner pedagogy and philosophy. Applicants must meet the requirements for registration or be eligible to be registered as a teacher in South Australia.
We are committed to developing our Waldorf pedagogy to nurture students’ imagination, creativity and skills for the future. A desire to be reflective, learn more and grow as a teacher and as a human being is essential. The school will support you in your knowledge of Steiner Education and your professional development.
The following positions are available for the start of the 2024 school year:
If you are a qualified Teacher, looking for relief work please send your resume with three referees to Liam Waterford – email@example.com
Mount Barker Waldorf School is looking for an experienced Education Support Officers (also known as SSO or Classroom Assistant) to work across the school. The applicant has a passion for working with children in a school setting and some understanding (or willingness to learn) of Steiner Education.
A Certificate III in Education Support (or enrolment or currently towards) is preferable.
Positions are for school hours (9am to 3.30pm) full-time, part-time and relief. We are looking for people who can start immediately or for positions starting in 2024.
To apply please send a cover letter, CV, and three references to the Principal, Liam Waterford at firstname.lastname@example.org. All positions require a valid WWCC and RRHAN-EC certificate as well as the right to work in Australia. We do not sponsor foreign applicants.
Applications are due by 30 November, 2023
Handwork Assistant Term 1 2024 – (0.42FTE, teaching plus preparation time)
An exciting opportunity exists for a suitably experienced Handwork Teacher to join the Mount Barker Waldorf School, in Term 1 2024.
The successful applicant will be a committed and imaginative teacher with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in close collaboration with classroom teachers.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Initiative, creativity and enthusiasm
- Demonstrated ability as an accomplished craftsperson
- Understanding of the Steiner craft curriculum
- Commitment to self-development and professional development in Steiner Education
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with students, colleagues and parents
- Capacity to lead groups of students in learning activities
- Collegiality and ability to work flexibly in a team
- Willingness to participate in Faculty meetings and study
To apply please send a cover letter, CV, and three references to the Principal, Liam Waterford at email@example.com. All positions require a current WWCC and RRHAN-EC certificate, as well as the right to work in Australia. We do not sponsor foreign applicants.
Applications are due by 24 November 2023.
For preliminary confidential enquiries or conversations about this position, please contact Liam Waterford, Principal at the school on (08) 8391 0411.
This position is a 1-year fixed term contract, with the opportunity for the right candidate for ongoing employment. Remuneration is based on the current Mount Barker Waldorf School Enterprise Agreement and is based on experience.
Coordinator of OSHC
We are currently recruiting for a Coordinator of OSHC on a full-time basis during school term, starting at the beginning of the school year in 2024. You would join our team at our Outside School Hours Care Service located at the Mount Barker Waldorf School.
In this position, you will be the leader of the service responsible for the day-to-day running of the service, supervising the students and overseeing an assistant. You will receive support from the school management team, consisting of the Business Manager, Principal and other school leaders.
As an OSHC Coordinator you will assist with:
- The development of quality programs;
- Manage the day to day running of the programs;
- Coordinate staff and rostering of staff;
- Ensure compliance with policy;
- Undertake administrative requirements;
- Work collaboratively with families and the school community.
- Promoting the service to the community to increase enrolments
- Completed (or close to completion) of relevant qualifications in Childcare or Teaching (Minimum of Diploma in Children Services);
- Demonstrated experience in assisting with programming and a passion for providing quality childcare;
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining effective administration and correct documentation in an OSHC service or equivalent;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- First Aid and CPR certification or willingness to obtain;
- WWCC and RRHAN-EC
BENEFITS AND REWARDS
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a wide range of benefits and rewards including:
- Full time position during 38 weeks of term time (possibility of shared part-time arrangement)
- Holiday care for an additional 7 weeks a year
- Split shift allowance payments and paid team meetings
- Administration hours outside of child supervision
- Support from a committed, knowledgeable and enthusiastic management team
- Discounted school fees at Mount Barker Waldorf School
To apply please send a cover letter, CV, and three references to the Roger Moreton – firstname.lastname@example.org. All positions require a current WWCC and RRHAN-EC certificate, as well as the right to work in Australia. We do not sponsor foreign applicants.
Applications are due by Thursday 14 December 2023.
Mount Barker Waldorf School
PO Box 318
Mount Barker SA 5251
Submit your application here