Mt Barker Waldorf School is a member of the following school associations:
- Steiner Education Australia - http://www.steineroz.com
- Association of Independent Schools in South Australia (AISSA)
The national associations of Waldorf/Steiner Schools in other countries also have information on Waldorf education:
- "Why Waldorf?" - a new film about Waldorf education and Marin Waldorf School. For more information, please visit www.marinwaldorf.org - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tZmAX5adCl0
- The Steiner Waldorf Schools Fellowship commissioned ITN to make this short film to look at some of the key features of a Steiner School. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MDSYxFpqxs&feature=youtu.be
- The European Council for Steiner Waldorf Education - http://www.steinerwaldorfeurope.org/
The European Council for Steiner Waldorf Education (ECSWE) comprises 22 national Waldorf Associations, representing 630 schools in Europe. There are around 900 schools in 60 countries worldwide and more than 1600 kindergartens.
- The Association of Waldorf Schools of North America - http://www.whywaldorfworks.org/
Why Waldorf Works is a comprehensive site about Waldorf Education sponsored by the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (AWSNA).
- The Steiner Waldorf Schools Fellowship - http://www.steinerwaldorf.org/
The SWSF is a membership organisation for all the Steiner schools and independent Steiner Early Years settings in the UK and Ireland.
- The Federation of Rudolf Steiner Waldorf Schools in New Zealand - www.rudolfsteinerfederation.org.nz
The Federation of Rudolf Steiner Waldorf Schools in New Zealand is a registered incorporated society which represents member schools, early childhood and adult education centres who work out of the pedagogical indications developed by Austrian Philosopher and Scientist, Rudolf Steiner (1861-1925).
The following links may be helpful in providing additional sources of information about Waldorf education:
- Alliance for Childhood - http://www.allianceforchildhood.org.uk
"promotes policies and practices that support children's healthy development, love of learning and joy in living."
Articles include information on computers in childhood and the importance of healthy play.
- Friends of Waldorf Education - http://www.freunde-waldorf.de/en/
Friends of Waldorf Education support Waldorf schools and kindergartens, anthroposophy-based institutions for handicapped people and other initiatives for education and social work.
- Waldorf Today - http://www.waldorftoday.com/ - Waldorf Today provides a weekly newsletter about articles on Waldorf Education.
Other resources in SA:
- Anthroposophical Bookshop, 96 Halifax St, Adel. PH: (08) 8223 1841 - For Books on Waldorf Education, child development, children’s books and toys etc:
Transition from Steiner High schools to University
Radio Adelaide interviewed two high schools students, Ned Marlow-Wier and Fraser Bentley from Mount Barker Waldorf school and Willunga Waldorf School in South Australia about their initial experiences moving from high school to university life. Listen to the radio interview at https://radio.adelaide.edu.au/transitioning-into-uni/
Waldorf Teacher Training Courses :
- South Australia: Sheoak College - email@example.com; www.sheoaksollege.org.au
- NSW: Sydney Rudolf Steiner College - http://www.sydneyrudolfsteinercollege.com.au
- ACT: University of Canberra, Graduate Certificate in Education (Steiner) - http://www.canberra.edu.au/faculties/education/teacher-ed/postgraduate-c...
- Victoria: Melbourne Rudolf Steiner Seminar - http://www.steinerseminar.com
Articles of Interest
Please see attached article - it is an excellent read, with great links to research to back up the importance of protecting childhood from to early an intellectual start in life.