Choosing a school for your child is an important decision, both for you and your child. We encourage you as parents to find out as much about Waldorf Education and our school as possible before you enrol, so that you know what is unique with this education and an informed decision can be made.
The first stage is to contact the school for an information pack that includes a waiting list application form. To register your family's interest, we ask you to fill out this form and return it to the school along with $55.00 (inc. GST), and then your name and relevant information will be placed on a waiting list, where it remains until there is a vacancy in the appropriate class.
We invite you to arrange to come on a school tour as soon as possible. A teacher will take you through a selection of classrooms from Kindergarten to High school and talk about the education and the philosophy and answer your questions. Please call the office to make a booking at your convenience.
See the Calendar for School Tour dates
In accordance with the State and Commonwealth anti-discrimination legislation, the Mt Barker Waldorf School does not discriminate in accepting an application for admission as a student on the basis of race, colour, sex, sexuality, physical or mental disability, religion, national extraction or social origin.
- For children of Kindergarten age, they start in the year that they turn five. In the year prior to that, during the third term, parents may be asked to attend an interview, depending at that stage where the child is positioned on the Waiting List.
- When a place becomes available for students, parents are notified and asked to attend two interviews (development of the child and fees/financial). These can happen on the same day.
- For a student with a special need or disability, a meeting will be arranged with the parents and the Special Education support teacher to assess the student, review reports from other schools or professionals and discuss the special needs in the light of the class and the school's resources. For this reason it is essential that parents provide full information on their children's individual requirements.
In selecting any child to fill a vacancy, the Admissions Committee will give special consideration to families where there is a demonstrated commitment to the school and its underlying philosophy. All of the following factors may be taken into consideration:
- Compatibility of the philosophy underlying Waldorf Education with the beliefs and practices of the adults in the child's home environment
- Children and grandchildren of teachers at Mt Barker Waldorf School
- Children of past students
- Siblings of current students at the school
- Students transferring from other Waldorf schools
- Chronological position on the waiting list
- For young children, the family's home location will be considered in the sense that we discourage long distance travel
For further information, contact us at 08 8391 0411 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org